San Antonio Deserves More Mountain Bike Trails and Bike Parks!
CONGRATULATIONS SAN ANTONIO MOUNTAIN BIKE COMMUNITY!
The 2022 Parks Bond Committee voted to recommend the following amounts for MTB and BMX projects:
- $500,000 for the completion of the outer bike skills loop, pump track enhancements, and lighting (McAllister Park).
- $3.25 million for MTB and BMX projects (Citywide). Specifically, these projects include the Pearsall Park singletrack and flow trails, Eisenhower downhill trails, and the O.P. Schnabel Park Expansion Bike Park as well as the BMX track at Pearsall Park.
- Recommended Parks, Recreation, & Open Spaces Projects (Items 82 and 84 refer to the MTB and BMX projects)
- Jan 12, 2022 – Parks Bond Committee Recommendations presented to City Council
- Feb 10, 2022 – City Council approves bond projects, with modifications if they decide, and call for the bond to be placed on the ballot.
- May 2022 – San Antonio residents vote on bond for approval
What should the MTB Community do during this time?
Our job is not over. The MTB community must reach out to the City Council members to express our excitement at the 2022 Parks Bond Committees recommendations for funding MTB and BMX projects across the city, especially City Council members in Districts 4, 8, 9, and 10 where the projects are located. It is important to contact ALL City Council members because all will be voting to approve the Parks Bond Committee recommendations and any of them can call to move funds around and de-fund the MTB and BMX projects. Write or call and tell your City Council member how much these projects are needed in San Antonio and will benefit the physical and mental health of residents, the overall San Antonio economy, etc.
|Melissa Cabello Havrda|
|Dr. Adriana Rocha Garcia|
2022-2027 Parks & Recreation Community Committee Meeting Videos (YouTube)
- Meeting 1 (11/09/2021) – Ethics & Staff Recommendations
- Meeting 2 (11/16/2021) – Citizens To Be Heard & Deliberation
- Meeting 3 (12/07/2021) – Citizens To Be Heard & Deliberation
- Meeting 4 (12/14/2021) – Deliberation & Action on Final
Smiles for Miles
Mountain biking is a great way for families to recreate together! With more and more trails being developed closer to home that fit the skills of a variety of riders, it’s more important than ever to support your local trail organization today.Continue reading “2021 Annual Fall Membership Drive”
OCTOBER 16, 2021
IMBA’s Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day (TKMBD) is celebrated annually on the first Saturday in October. In 2021, STORM is hosting the TKMBD on Saturday, October 16th.Continue reading “2021 Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day”
Monday, October 4 at The Tool Yard
Join the Parks & Recreation Department for a public meeting to discuss the Salado Creek Greenway extension on Monday, October 4, at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held in person at 13030 Tool Yard, San Antonio, TX 78284.
Please plan to attend this meeting for more information about the greenway connector. Plan to ask questions of Parks and Recreation at this time. STORM Board members will be there to ask questions we’ve received so that our members and the community as a whole can be properly informed about the dirt and paved trails, as well as other future projects.