JANUARY 29, 2022
Think you got the legs for this one? Endurance is the name of the game as participants compete to finish two full laps of Flat Rock Ranch (Upper and Lower loops x2) for some sweet singletrack goodness. If that seems like too much, we also have half-distance categories as well. This is the final race of the 2022 Hill Country Bicycle Works Texas Mountain Bike Marathon State Championship Series.
- Pre-Register Online (Pre-Registration closes at 7:00pm on Friday, Jan 28, 2022 CST)
- Race Flyer – (view below and on BikeReg link above)
- Sign Up to Volunteer
Race Map & GPX Files
Download GPX files (MOD_Marathon_2022_Course.zip) – contains MOD_Marathon_2022_Course_Start_Loop.gpx (tentative) and MOD_Marathon_2022_Course_Full_Loop.gpx (final) files
Sponsoring the 2022 STORM Miles of DisComfort MTB Marathon is a great way to market your business to an audience of mountain bike enthusiasts locally in San Antonio and across Texas, as well as the rest of the USAC South Central Region (Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma).
Sponsors underwrite the costs of timing and scoring, awards, schwag raffle items, EMS services, USAC race officials, supplies, and more. STORM always strives to host a high quality racing event and cannot do so without the support of community partners! If you want to be a sponsor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
RACE FLYER INFO
2022 STORM Miles of DisComfort MTB Marathon
Final Race of the 2022 Hill Country Bicycle Works Texas Mountain Bike State Championship Marathon Series
Flat Rock Ranch – Comfort, Texas
Saturday – January 29, 2022
Held under USA Cycling permit 2022-5050
**** COVID-19 PRECAUTION PROTOCOLS WILL BE IN EFFECT (SEE BELOW) ****
Helmets required at all times while you are on your bicycle
Brenda Gonzalez email@example.com 830-321-0212 (text or call)
SATURDAY JANUARY 29
- 7:30AM………………………. Number Plate Pick-up & Late Online Registration (late online registration ends at 8:30AM)
- 9:00 AM………………………. Race Start
- TBA……………………………… Awards for each group
- Marathon…………………. 56 miles
- Half Marathon………….. 28 miles
- All Groups – Awards for top 3 finishers
- Full Marathon – Cash Payout for overall top 10 men & top 5 women. Equal payout for top 5 men and women.
REGISTRATION & GROUPS OFFERED
- BikeReg Online Pre-registration closes Friday, Jan 28, 2022 at 7:00pm CST
- $65 for full marathon distance. $45 for half marathon distance.
- Online Registration after 7:00pm on Friday, Jan 28, 2022 and through 8:30am on Saturday, Jan 29, 2022 is here: TBA
- Add $25 for late/onsite registration. Payment methods on-site may be limited. Cash is always best.
- This event is USA Cycling sanctioned and those race rules apply. This event is also the final race in the 2022 Hill Country Bicycle Works Texas Mountain Bike Marathon State Championship Series and TMBRA Marathon Series rules apply (tmbra.org/rulesm.htm).
- Participants MUST provide proof of a valid 2022 USA Cycling Annual license OR purchase a one-day license during registration for $10. Full Marathon racers categorized in the USA Cycling Endurance discipline as “Pro” must race the Open group. Cutoff times will be announced at the race start and are based on course conditions.
CAMPING, LODGING, & VENUE INFO
Tent, car, hammock, sleeping bag, etc. camping as well as RV spots are available at the race venue; Flat Rock Ranch. There are also hotel, Airbnb, and cabin options in the area.
- Please visit Flat Rock Ranch Website at www.flatrockranchtx.com
- NO DOGS ALLOWED at Flat Rock Ranch
ALL persons (racer and non-racers) entering the ranch must sign a Flat Rock Ranch waiver. Please go to: https://www.flatrockranchtx.com/ , select “Sign Waiver” in lower right hand corner, and complete the online waiver prior to race weekend.
Flat Rock Ranch charges $30/per person (racers and non-racers) entering the ranch for the weekend (this includes Friday). Coming out for a single day they charge $10/per person/per day. Persons are defined as all entering the ranch and over 12 years old. Under 12 years old are free. This is a per person/individual fee. For example, if you have two non-racers coming with you, Friday-Sunday, each person will need to pay the above fees for a total of $90. You would add three Full Race Weekend Ranch Fees to your registration. To reduce on site contact FRR is asking you pre-pay for this during your registration.
For RV reservations the above fees will apply as well as the RV reservation fee. You will call the ranch at the numbers below to make the RV reservations.
RANCH RULES TO NOTE:
NO dogs allowed
Helmets required at all times on bike
Please review all Flat Rock Ranch rules at: https://www.flatrockranchtx.com/rules and call them with any questions.
210-213-3006 (Jimmy’s cell)
Helmets required at all times while you are on your bicycle (Ranch Rule as well as USAC rule)
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
The 5 Commitments to Containment:
1) Wash hands
2) Wear face coverings in public
3) Stay 6 feet away from others
4) Stay at home if sick
5) Get tested if you show symptoms
A COVID-19 waiver that identifies the participant as meeting all participatory requirements with regards to symptoms and proximity to possibly infected persons. To be available for agreement online.
Self-Screen before going to an outdoor event for any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
We instruct anyone who answers yes to any of these to stay home.