San Antonio Deserves More Mountain Bike Trails and Bike Parks!
CONGRATULATIONS SAN ANTONIO MOUNTAIN BIKE COMMUNITY!
The 2022 Parks Bond Committee voted to recommend the following amounts for MTB and BMX projects:
- $500,000 for the completion of the outer bike skills loop, pump track enhancements, and lighting (McAllister Park).
- $3.25 million for MTB and BMX projects (Citywide). Specifically, these projects include the Pearsall Park singletrack and flow trails, Eisenhower downhill trails, and the O.P. Schnabel Park Expansion Bike Park as well as the BMX track at Pearsall Park.
- Recommended Parks, Recreation, & Open Spaces Projects (Items 82 and 84 refer to the MTB and BMX projects)
- Jan 12, 2022 – Parks Bond Committee Recommendations presented to City Council
- Feb 10, 2022 – City Council approves bond projects, with modifications if they decide, and call for the bond to be placed on the ballot.
- May 2022 – San Antonio residents vote on bond for approval
What should the MTB Community do during this time?Continue reading “MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!”
Smiles for Miles
Mountain biking is a great way for families to recreate together! With more and more trails being developed closer to home that fit the skills of a variety of riders, it’s more important than ever to support your local trail organization today.Continue reading “2021 Annual Fall Membership Drive”
OCTOBER 16, 2021
IMBA’s Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day (TKMBD) is celebrated annually on the first Saturday in October. In 2021, STORM is hosting the TKMBD on Saturday, October 16th.Continue reading “2021 Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day”