April 2, 2023
The Texas Mountain Bike Racing Association’s (TMBRA) Race #5 of the Trek Texas presents the TMBRA XC MTB State Championship Series comes to our backyard as STORM hosts the Hill Country MTB Challenge at Flat Rock Ranch in Comfort, TX. This is the largest mountain bike race in the San Antonio area with over 300 racers competing in the different age, gender, and experience-based classes.
This year, Juniors 10U, 12U, 13-14 and Pro, Cat 1, Cat 2, and Cat 3 of all ages will all be racing on Sunday, April 2. Kid’s Kup (2:00pm) and First Time Racer’s Clinic (3:00pm) will be held on Saturday, April 1. See the BikeReg event notes for details.
- Race Results
- Race Photos
- Volunteer Sign-Up – we are always in need of volunteers. Volunteers receive free land access, camping, meals, and t-shirt.
- Race Registration
- Online pre-registration closes on Saturday, April 1, 2023, at 7:00pm CST
- Late and on-site online registration will be available after online pre-registration closes until 30 minutes before race wave start time on Sunday, April 2, 2023, for a $25 additional fee. Please register before arriving at the race venue to avoid delays as cell coverage is spotty and onsite online registration is expected to be very slow. For any payments that need to be made onsite, credit card processing is not guaranteed. Cash is best form of payment.
- Full TMBRA Spring Series points earned for this race.
- NO USA Cycling one-day licenses or annual race licenses are needed for this race.
- TMBRA Spring XC Series Rules and Regulations
- Course Maps
- Race Flyer
- Land use fee is NOT included in registration fee. Land use fee for Flat Rock Ranch must be paid by everyone entering the ranch regardless of racing/non-racing status. Discounts may apply. Visit the Flat Rock Ranch website for more details. NO DOGS ALLOWED AT THE VENUE.
- Merchandise (T-shirt)
- Food & Drink – Three Brothers Pizza from Boerne will serve up pizza, calzones, hot sandwiches, chips, and soft drinks from approximately 10:30am-3:00pm on Sunday (or until they sell out).
Sponsoring the 24th Annual STORM Hill Country MTB Challenge is a great way for you to market your business to an audience of mountain bike enthusiasts locally in San Antonio and across Texas, as well as the rest of the South-Central Region (Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma).
Sponsors underwrite the costs of timing and scoring, awards, schwag raffle items, EMS services, race officials, supplies, and more. STORM always strives to host a high-quality racing event and cannot do so without the support of community partners! If you want to be a sponsor, please contact email@example.com for more information! South Texas Off Road Mountain-Bikers (STORM) is an all-volunteer 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that relies on membership and fundraising events like this race to support its programs.
Pre-purchase through the BikeReg site. Any remaining t-shirts will be available for purchase on-site.