Online link: https://sanantonio.webex.com/sanantonio/onstage/g.php?MTID=e5a8108a032d64e970b520abeb4d439a7
The Parks and Recreation Board was created by the authority of the City Council, Ordinance Number 29561, June 14, 1961.
Overall Purpose of the Board
- Provide liaison between the community and the Department of Parks and Recreation regarding community recreational facilities and services, needs and desires and recreation programming.
- Review the departmental operations and maintenance budget and advise the Director of the Board's suggestions regarding priority programs.
- Promote public awareness of the public recreational facilities and services provided by the City and stimulate community participation in those programs.
- Review operational policies for the various parks facilities and recommend new or revised policies as circumstances change.
- Review all applications for federal parks and recreation grants prior to submission to City Council.
- Membership Composition: The Board consists of 11 residents of the City who serve without pay.
- Appointment: Members are appointed by the City Council, pursuant to recommendation by the City Manager.
- Term of Members: Members are appointed for a two-year term. Members may be appointed for no more than two consecutive two-year terms.
- Presiding Officer: The Board shall select, by majority vote, a chairperson and a vice chair person. That chair person serves for one year and may be re-elected for not more than one additional consecutive year. The vice-chair person presides at meetings in the absence of the chair person.
Meeting and Contact Information
The board's regularly scheduled meetings are the fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m